Web Portal and Salesforce-based Service Platform Test Automation
The US-based customer is a service provider of utility room equipment in the USA and Canada. Along with that he also offers maintenance services for the laundry machines. To manage as well as promote all of these activities, the client has a web portal and a sales-force-based service platform.
From the web portals, they wanted to manage the finance like income and expenditure, and lease contracts with their customers. To manage the maintenance of the laundry machines, they use the salesforce-based platform that helps them to keep records of the first service call to invoice generation. Apart from these two platforms; the customers also have developed a mobile app specially designed for the end users of the laundry machines. From searching the nearest laundry room to getting step-by-step instructions to operate the laundry machines; every activity can be done from the application. The users can also pay for their laundry work from the app.
The client already has a test automation team for the mobile app. To augment the process, they sought the test automation service of SDET. The intention was to create test cases and scripts to undertake the testing process of the salesforce-based platform along with the web portal for equipment.
To provide the quickest solution to this client; the team of SDET allotted an experienced and skilled test automation engineer for the project. SDET team members understood the project specification, communicated with the client’s in-house development and testing team and finally created scripts for automated tests on a daily basis
The Solutions Provided by SDET Test Automation Engineer:
- Firstly, smoke testing was taken place for the web portal and the service platform to make sure the proper functionalities of the app’s core
- After the regular weekly updates, to ensure the unaffected existing functionalities by creating writing and maintaining the automated regression tests
- Apart from that, the SDET engineer also helped in the testing process of the mobile app by writing customized scripts for test automation for iOS and Android.
The automated test scripts written by the SDET engineer send all the results to the automatic defect tracking system TestRail to Microsoft teams to inform about the testing along with the development teams to notify about the passed and failed tests.
The client of SDET received numerous suits for test automation for the web portals and the salesforce-based portal. It eventually helped them to reduce the data display error and GUI control on those designated portals and applications and produce a satisfactory result for the end users. This is an ongoing project which is running successfully with SDET for the last two years.
- Tool for testing: Katalon
- Tools for Defects Tracking: TestRail, Jira
- Tools for Remote Communication: Microsoft Teams, Confluence
- Tool for CI/CD: Bitbucket